Friday, August 18, 2006

 

From Gavin

From Gavin's rarely-updated blog, the "bad ideas" section:

http://www.mcnett.org/gavin/

COMIC BOOK:
Like one of those '70s DC titles with the scary stuff -- 'Weird War Tales,' 'Creepy Sea Stories,' or what-have you. Tales of the Haunted Toilet will always end with something unspeakable happening in the smallest room of the house. ("Ah yes, Heh heh. I have committed the perfect murder. ...My, what a heavy dinner last night. I think I'll sit down and take care of some 'personal business.' Yes. Heh heh..." RAAAH! Aieee!) Or maybe not always 'end' -- there might be mysteries where the clues are assembled by a team of Van Helsings with plungers.

Because you see, no matter how you run and hide, there's no escaping nature's call. Picture a fugitive, mincing woodenly from one town to the next, desperately avoiding the justice that awaits behind the door with the towel rack on it.

PROBLEM: I laugh and laugh, but I know I'm only laughing at the notion of myself reading such a comic as a child and being scared by it.

[I snorted twice while looking at this. Three super funny things:

1) An evil genius murderer moving seamlessly from his moustache-twirling machinations to I-think-I'll-poop, yes, heh heh.

2) An army of Van Helsings bearing plungers

3) A bad guy, thin and hook-nosed with pitted sallow skin, tootling on his heels across the countryside, "desperately avoiding the justice that awaits behind the door with the towel rack on it."]

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?